The Etiquette & Espionage Read Along is hosted by Book Twirps as their April read along!
How does it work?
- Each month we will post approximately 6 books to choose from. Participants will get to vote for two books. The book with the most votes win. In the case of a tie, we will post another poll for the two books. If there’s still a tie, the host(s) will choose.
- We will post the selected book at least a week before the read-along starts so you have time to purchase, borrow, or check the book out of the library.
- A few days before the first of the month, we will post a reading schedule for each week. (Feel free to read ahead, just don’t spoil anything for the rest of us).
- We will post a set of discussion questions each week. Please join in and let us know your thoughts.
- If you are a blogger, feel free to post the discussion on your blog as well. The more the merrier.
- Respect everyone’s opinion. Reading is subjective and what one person finds brilliant, another person may hate.
- No spoilers if you read ahead.
- Have fun!
Etiquette & Espionage Synopsis:
It’s one thing to learn to curtsy properly. It’s quite another to learn to curtsy and throw a knife at the same time. Welcome to Finishing School.
Sophronia Temminnick at 14 is a great trial more interested in dismantling clocks and climbing trees than proper manners — and the family can only hope that company never sees her atrocious curtsy. Her poor mother, desperate for her daughter to become a proper lady, enrolls the lively tomboy in Mademoiselle Geraldine’s Finishing Academy for Young Ladies of Quality.
But young ladies learn to finish…everything. Certainly, they learn the fine arts of dance, dress, and etiquette, but they also learn to deal out death, diversion, and espionage — in the politest possible ways, of course. Sophronia and her friends are in for a rousing first year’s education.