Tuesday, January 8, 2013

#BoutofBooks Challenge: Favorite/Funniest Cover

The Bout of Books Read-A-Thon is hosted by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal!!

The Favorite/Funniest Cover Challenge is hosted by Ms. Buff's Blog!!


What’s your favorite cover? Or What’s the funniest cover you’ve seen?

This challenge is really difficult because there are SO MANY covers that I love. It's so hard to pick just one, so I thought I would limit it to JANUARY 2013 covers, since the read-a-thon is in January.

FAVORITE JANUARY 2013 COVER(S): 

I came across two covers that I really liked out of the books released in January. The first is EVERBOUND by Brodi Ashton, and the other was SPLINTERED by A.G. Howard.


In the EVERBOUND cover I really like how the dress kind of evaporates into smoke. It's a really awesome effect. The cover of Everneath does that too, but I like how the dress and the smoke on the EVERBOUND cover is the same color, unlike on the Everneath cover where the red dress is evaporating into black/gray smoke. It would have been better if it had been red smoke to match the dress. 

In the SPLINTERED cover I love the colors and how they stand out against the green. I also like how one of the vines is twisted around a strand of the girl's hair.

What I noticed in common with both covers is the that the titling is somewhat the same with the red lettering and the swirling letter ends.


FUNNIEST JANUARY 2013 COVER:

I'm not sure if I would say that the cover to THE DEATH OF BEES is exactly funny, but the first thought I had on seeing this cover was that it looks like the two people on the cover just buried a body and are walking away holding hand like it's nothing. Like, "Well done on hiding your first dead body, sweetheart. Let's go celebrate!" The two images are definitely at odds with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment