The Poison Princess Read Along is hosted by Book Twirps as their January read along!
How does it work?
- Each month we will post approximately 6 books to choose from. Participants will get to vote for two books. The book with the most votes win. In the case of a tie, we will post another poll for the two books. If there’s still a tie, the host(s) will choose.
- We will post the selected book at least a week before the read-along starts so you have time to purchase, borrow, or check the book out of the library.
- A few days before the first of the month, we will post a reading schedule for each week. (Feel free to read ahead, just don’t spoil anything for the rest of us).
- We will post a set of discussion questions each week. Please join in and let us know your thoughts.
- If you are a blogger, feel free to post the discussion on your blog as well. The more the merrier.
- Respect everyone’s opinion. Reading is subjective and what one person finds brilliant, another person may hate.
- No spoilers if you read ahead.
- Have fun!
Poison Princess Synopsis:
She could save the world—or destroy it.
Sixteen year old Evangeline “Evie” Greene leads a charmed life, until she begins experiencing horrifying hallucinations. When an apocalyptic event decimates her Louisiana hometown, Evie realizes her hallucinations were actually visions of the future—and they’re still happening. Fighting for her life and desperate for answers, she must turn to her wrong-side-of-the-bayou classmate: Jack Deveaux.
But she can’t do either alone.
With his mile-long rap sheet, wicked grin, and bad attitude, Jack is like no boy Evie has ever known. Even though he once scorned her and everything she represented, he agrees to protect Evie on her quest. She knows she can’t totally depend on Jack. If he ever cast that wicked grin her way, could she possibly resist him?
Who can Evie trust?
As Jack and Evie race to find the source of her visions, they meet others who have gotten the same call. An ancient prophesy is being played out, and Evie is not the only one with special powers. A group of twenty-two teens has been chosen to reenact the ultimate battle between good and evil. But it’s not always clear who is on which side…